Thursday, July 17, 2008

I think I cut my finger nail too short (??)

Yesterday was quite the exciting day...

I was helping my daughter cut out some fabric for a helmet bag she is making as a fair project. I was using my quilting cutting wheel (it looks like a pizza cutter, but smaller and sharp as hell!) and mat to cut a single layer of cotton.

Cutter in my left hand, holding the wheel guide down with my right hand... When the cutter up and decided cutting fabric wasn't good enough for it any longer- It jumped the guide and ran over the outside tip of my right hand pointer finger (um, yes- it hurts like a bitch to type).

I looked down and thought "this is going to be bad". Na.. It wasn't too bad. But I did manage to cut it clear off! I grabbed some paper towel so I didn't bleed all over my floor. I must have been lightning quick because my daughter didn't even know what happened. Or it could be the fact I didn't make any kind of big deal out of it- so it didn't draw her attention.

But my sick minded teenage daughter did enjoy looking at the remaining part of my finger caught in the cutting wheel! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! :) Given that when I got back from the ER I had to pry it out of the cutter! I could see my finger print and everything! It was kinda cool!

Anyway back to the story, called the husband at work- He knows it's always something BAD if I am calling him off his machine at work~ I asked him if he would drive me in because I couldn't hold the pressure and drive a stick at the same time! Or else I would have just drove myself :)

My husband teased me about how I will probably be spending hundreds of $$ just for a Band Aid. And sure enough... He was correct!!! But I did learn something new- If you cut it completely off, there isn't anything to stitch! :)

Enjoy the gross photos... See... It's not THAT bad.
But I guess my career as a hand model is over :)




No comments: