Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Waitress Games... Part CUTE

Every once in awhile... 
(Hmmm... That just doesn't sound right! Ok, I need to rephrase!)  

Every once in a what almost feels like a LIFETIME, someone relatively good looking walks into the restaurant.

Let's face it, I work at a Family Restaurant.  Family Restaurants are generally not the "Hippest" place in town.  Outside of walkers, canes, wheel chairs, and crayons... Afternoon eye candy is pretty slim!  But when the Magic happens.... There isn't a waitress in the joint that doesn't stand up and take notice.  And the lucky waitress that gets to wait on this vision of beauty, is temporarily luckier than any winning lottery ticket holder!

Our day shift waitress clan is made up of all different walks of life. Some gals are happily attached, some are single, some are separated, and some are divorced.  Pretty much the same diversity as any other place of employment these days.

Just the other day, a good looking gentleman came in to dine with his female partner. Who knows what the relation was between the two, but they were pretty close as they had both decided to sit on the same side of the booth together. (Awwwwe.... how romantic!)  

One of the waitresses alerted me to him and had said that he had the "cuteness" factor going on. So of course, I being who I am, I wanted to check him out for myself!

There was only ONE problem. There was no way I could just randomly walk past their table because they were sitting in what we call "the tunnel".

The tunnel is a single row of booths that run down a long DEAD END hallway.  With a wall being on the left, the hallway only being wide enough to fit a waitress, and the row of booths on the right- There was nothing discreet about checking him out!  And to top it off, if it couldn't get any more impossible,  they were sitting in the very last booth.  Plus they had their backs facing to the rest of the room.

There won't be anything casual about the task!

Great,... How am I going to pull THIS off??
I had no business to be down that hallway, they weren't my table. And it would look really silly of me to just walk down to the end, turn around STARE and walk back!

But then my waitress friend made a valid point!  She reminded me that we keep the highchairs we are not using back there.  SO I grabbed my rag (whoops! It's a TOWEL, not a RAG- Waitressing 101!) and off I went to wipe down the highchairs!!

I felt SO guilty and stupid for being back there that I couldn't even look at them! I was less than two feet away from them, and as to not seem invasive I kept my back to them the entire time that I was cleaning off those chairs.  When I was done, I turned around and took a long hard glance at the man in question and went back to report my opinion.  Nothing obvious about that!

He was a nice looking dark haired, clean cut, shaved chest (YES!!! I NOTICED!!!) man.  Oh! He had a woman with him?? ...Never noticed... HA!

While my waitress friend and I were chatting about him, another waitress came up and had asked us what we were talking about.  After we had explained the whole thing to her, her human nature took over.  She then wanted to see this for herself!

But once again, the same dead end tunnel problem came into play.

SO we gave HER the Towel....
Did I mention we have the cleanest highchairs in town????? ;)



                   

No comments: