Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Serving" Up Stories... One plate at a time!

Every so often, I seem to get a good story from my world of food slinging. 
(I think I will use this post to write them as they come! -and keep adding to this)


Today at work I had waited on 3 senior ladies.  I knew the one lady was a little "off" because she was wearing full Christmas attire, (complete with a Poinsettia scarf) and it is only mid October.  Yes, I've already seen more than my fair share of "Turtle Necks" from the senior community this month, but generally Holiday themed attire is always spot on to the upcoming occasion.  At first I thought I was being too judgmental over her choice of attire... But she soon proved me wrong! 
All 3 ladies had ordered identical items, our soup and sandwich special.  I served them their cups of soup, returning then to the computer to enter in the sandwich portion of their lunch. We were pretty hopping while they were dining so their sandwiches took longer than average to come out of the kitchen. 10 minutes later, I served them each their sandwiches. Later, after they had finished, while I was clearing their plates I had noted that the "Poinsettia Lady" still had half a sandwich remaining.  I asked her if she needed a take home box.... And angrily she said this to me....WAIT FOR IT......
  "No!! That half of my sandwich is soggy! YOU spilled my soup on it!"
UM...SAY WTF??? 
(That sandwich must have been a master of TIME TRAVEL! lol!)
That was SOooo out there, I was actually speechless! Thank GOD that the other two ladies still had all of their sanity, because they each quickly came to my defense. - I just smiled and walked away :)         

  

No comments: