Friday, February 20, 2009

Come on over and get yourself a plate of "Cracker Head"!


Anyone ever eat Goat??

Tonight will be a family first for us!

As you remember, last summer we raised a meat goat (aptly named "Cracker Head") for our own consumption...and that is what is on tonight's menu!

The funny thing is, I'm serving it to a relative, (OK... My poor mother!) without her permission or knowing. What a bad child I am!! I wanted to make it for Christmas dinner, but she specifically told me that if I made it, she wouldn't be coming. So as you can see, this is going to go over HUGE!

In reality, it shouldn't be that big of a deal... I kind of cheated anyway. I added a shoulder pork roast into the slow cooker with it. I did it because if we didn't like it, it would be nice to eat SOMETHING- plus, the shoulder roast on a goat is so small, it wasn't worth spending the day burning electricity to make it.

Being my first time preparing Goat, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it! I didn't make a curry. I basically just "winged" it. I am making it like a normal roast. I added fresh carrots, celery, onion, garlic cloves, salt/pepper, Worcestershire sauce, water, and potatoes. I put it with the pork roast and set the temp to 300* at 10 am. I hope to eat dinner around 5:30.

I will have to let you know how it turns out!!

No comments: