Friday, January 18, 2008

Liquid in... Liquid out....

Ugh! The only downfall with having bottle fed lambs is that they have runny poo. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if they weren't in the house!!! I rotate their indoor housing between an older style playpen (they are bigger than the newer pack-n-play models), and my laundry room. My laundry room floor is linoleum. Linoleum and hooves don't mix! If you have ever seen Bambi on ice, you will understand... To solve my problem and prevent broken lamb parts I lay down black rubber mats for traction. And to make clean up easier I cover the mats with bed sheets. I use the play pen to give them a different venue (hey! I would get bored looking at the same old walls & washer and dryer every day!) lol. No just kidding! I put them in the playpen when I have to clean the laundry room floor and wash their bedding.

Anyway, back to the poo...(sorry, no pictures LOL) I have modern artists for sheep! They love to paint butt murals all over the front of the washing machine, the dryer, the walls, and not to mention- THEMSELVES! Good grief!

Today was wash the lambs day. I had about enough when I looked at the one and it looked as if someone shot him in the butt with a case of yellow paint balls. And no thanks to that one- he backed into his brother and made him look like a bumble bee! Needless to say, Picasso butt received some "scour guard" for his overly loose poop.

Washing baby sheep can be a challenge in itself. (not to mention I have a toddler too!) So I stuck the boy in the high chair with his favorite snack/TV show. I then grabbed a "liquid lamb" and off to the tub we went! I have to mat the bottom of the tub or I can expect brand new dance moves out of them (it's that Bambi on ice thing again.).

How to make your soap go a long way- Pour it on a lamb! Oh my! Putting soap on a woolly lamb is like putting laundry soap in a hot tub with the jets on! The saying "A little goes a long way" is an understatement when it comes to washing sheep. And when you are done washing them, you dust about 4 dry bath sized towels per 6lb lamb. Where the hell they seem to store all that water is beyond me. And why don't sheep shrink when you wash them?? Wool sweaters do! :)

No comments: