Friday, January 18, 2008

January Swimming Anyone???

Here's my view from my living room window last week. The flooding you see is my horse pasture. Believe it or not there is a steel I beam bridge covered in double oak planks that is over the creek under all that water! At the deepest point the water is roughly 4ft deep. I'm used to this field flooding in the early Spring, but NOT in January! By early summer the pasture and creek bed are bone dry.


The nice thing is, it really doesn't matter how much the field floods out. Our barn, and house are up on a hill (as you can see when you look at the flooding: where you see grass then nothing is where it drops off). So unless we get a Tsunami and over 10 ft of water- it doesn't harm anything but the field.
I was going to be a "smarty pants" and put on my chest waders walk out there and post a huge sign that says "NO Swimming" just for giggles.

No comments: